Saturday, December 1, 2007

Mikrotik RB532 - single user mode.

Today I managed to get shell prompt on Mikrotik's Routerboard 532. So now we have 3 platforms with single user mode for FreeBSD/mips, not very useful :) The last problem was getting high-level console interface working. I always fell lost when it comes to resource allocation and uart stuff. I should write a couple of posts on these subjects to memorize all details better.


Ashant said...


Just wondering how this project is going. I've been working on Soekris devices and the Mikrotik hardware is quite attractive price-wise.

Here's some stuff on the TinyBSD based solutions - and


Oleksandr Tymoshenko said...

I'm going to test multiuser boot this week. FreeBSD/mips got working multiuser mode for GXemul/malta emulation and Octeon-based boards. Thanks for the link to tinybsd stuff. I'll take a look.